Sunday, September 26, 2010

Psalm 125 on 9.26.2010

Topic: Insecurity

Psalm 125: Those who trust in the lord are like Mt. Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people forevermore.

Could these things be driven by insecurity?
Manipulator
Promiscuity
Jealousy
Fear
Unbelief
Anger
Cynicism
Criticism

Psalm 30
David wrote it when he had been sick.
I will exalted you, oh Lord, for you lifted me out of the depths. I called to you for help and you helped me. You brought me up from the grave. You spared me from going down to the pit. Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

V6. When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken." When you favored me, you made my mountain stand firm, but when you hid your face, I was dismayed.

Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry out and the Lord hears them and delivers them from all of their troubles. The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

-----

Whether we are uncertain or joyful, God will bring us back and restore us if we put our trust in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment